Ok - so I thought I'd start this blog out with a finding it.....because I really like those moments when I feel like I have it all together and my life is in order. But really, isn't it easier to think of the losing its? And, if I may be honest here, don't they happen more frequently? I promise I'll publish a finding it when I can, but for now, perhaps you can relate to my losing it. (Or maybe this will make you feel better about yours!)
I was sitting in my office recently near the end of the day. I was thinking about all the things I had to wrap up before I went home (i.e. everything I had to write down so I didn't forget about it for the next morning), and everything I had to do that evening (i.e. who had to be where by what time). And then it hit me: I couldn't remember if I had walked to work that morning, or if I had driven!!! I sat they for what felt like 5 mintues trying to remember my trip into work that morning. I looked in the corner of my office where I ususally keep my walking shoes - empty. I tried to remember (again) my trip into work that morning. I went and asked two of my co-workers if they remembered how I got to work (they did not - they have their own worries!). I tried to decide how much my children would make fun of me if I called home and asked them to look in the garage to see if my car was there. And if I really wanted to appear that scattered to the sitter. As I was debating, I saw my shoes. They were in a different place, but the evidence was clear - I WALKED.
If that's not a "losing it," I don't know what is. I'm glad I can laugh at myself about this. I hope you laugh with me.
Totally can relate to losing it....on quite a regular basis. This week in my office we blamed many "losing it" moments on "sleep deprivation" which was the topic of our freshman seminar this week. Definitely need more sleep!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for making me laugh and for the courage to start the blog. I'm guessing some of us will keep reading. I must confess this is the first blog I've ever read so thank you for bringing me into 2010! And I needed the laugh so much today! Thank you for that too.
ReplyDelete