Monday, October 25, 2010

Help - I've lost my underwear!!!

So this is a physical "losing it" -  a whole week's worth of underwear has disappeared.  While I was out of town for a week, my wonderful husband did all the laundry.  When I came home, everything was clean and folded.  But no underwear!!!  I swear I wore some the week before I left, he swears he washed and folded them.  The children swear that no stray underwear has shown up in their stacks of clean clothes.  We have looked everywhere, including behind the washer/dryer.  So my question of the day is, how on earth do you lose a stack of underwear????  What kind of cosmic forces are conspiring against my undies?

Interestingly (at least to me), this connects with my wish for a super power.  If I could have any super power, I would chose to be able to find anything that is lost.  I've thought about  this for years, because I get so fixated on trying to find what I have misplaced that I can't concentrate on anything else until I find it.  Having this power would improve my efficiency, which means I would get things done faster, which means I would be less stressed.  Which means I might be finding it more (literally) and losing it alot less!!!

So if I seem distracted to you the next time you see me, it's because I'm still looking for my underwear!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment