Monday, October 11, 2010

Are we too hard on ourselves?

I was talking to a friend today about my new blog - I am still quite excited about it - and she asked me for examples of what I would write about for both a "losing it" and a "finding it".  As I briefly described my first two posts, one of those big life questions hit me. Are we, as women, too hard on ourselves?  Or do men have these same questions, and I just don't know about it, and in essence, the question is: are we too hard on ourselves?

So here's my big confession.  I wrote about my "losing it" moment, which was, in fact, the inspiration for the blog, and I wrote about my "finding it" routine.  I wrote that I was losing it after a 5 minute episode, but I didn't immediately recognize my finding it routine - something that my husband and I have been doing very successfully for 10+ years, ever since our children were born.  We rock at mornings.  Is it just me that thinks that I have to prove (to myself, to everyone?) that I have it together - and I have to have years of evidence to back it up???  And yet, I'm willing to put it out there that I'm losing it after a brief interlude with misplaced shoes! 

Having said all that - I'll put this out there.  On balance, I think I have it together more than I don't.  And, I'll try to recognize that more often.  But I also recognize that losing it moments are just funnier!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment