Those of you who know me know that I don't have the best sense of smell. I can't smell a thing unless it hits me full in the face! I very judiciously married a man who could sniff out anything. This has served us well over the years. He asks if I can smell *whatever*, and I always say, "No." I don't know why he keeps asking, but he does. I guess he's trying to figure out how strong the scent is......Sooooo, when he started asking on Friday if I could smell something when I walked in the house, I figured something was up. He says, it smells rotten. I say, I can't smell it. But I humor him, and run the dishwasher, put one of those garbage disposal cleaner things in the garbage disposal, took out the trash, and stuck my head in the trash cans. I did sniff up in the kids' rooms too. By today, he said it was so bad that we needed to open the windows and air out the house. Given that it only probably hit 60 degrees today, that was pretty drastic.
When I started the kids' laundry this afternoon, I thought about this elusive smell. I stuck my head inside the washer, and........fresh as can be. For the sake of being thorough, I stuck my head in the dryer as well, and instantly regretted it!!!! Holy cow, what a stench! How could a dryer smell so bad?? After I dismantled the vent on the back of the dryer, I found the reason......decomposing mouse. I'm pretty sure we need a new dryer vent cover - one that actually seals. Yuck!!!
Sometimes, it's better to be good at losing it and not finiding it. But I really would like to find my underwear.
No comments:
Post a Comment